Tricycle Tips: How to fold a tricycle
10th March, 2023
As well as having all the benefits of adult tricycles, there is the additional appeal of a folding tricycle’s portability. With our range of folding tricycles, you’re able to easily fold your tricycle in half so it can fit in smaller storage spaces and the boot of your car. This makes a folding tricycle a particularly good option for those who travel a lot and wish to take their tricycle with them or those who live in small houses or flats with limited storage.
At Jorvik Tricycles, we sell a range of folding tricycles, both classic electric trikes and electric mountain trikes. With the folding feature, our Jorvik community have been able to travel far and wide with their adult tricycle and enjoy cycling all over the UK and Europe.
How to fold a tricycle:
1. Locate the clip on the tricycle frame, you should find it near the pedals
2. Above the clip, there is a small lever that you need to lift to be able to release the clip
3. Pull the clip towards you to release it
4. Lift the frame of the tricycle slightly before pushing the front half of the tricycle away from you to fold the tricycle in half
5. To then unfold your tricycle, simply pull the front half of your tricycle towards you.
6. Push the clip back into place
7. Twist the lever back down over the clip to secure it.
Can a folding tricycle fit in my car?
Unfortunately, we cannot universally say that all our adult tricycles will fit in all models of cars, so we recommend you check the dimensions of the tricycle against the dimensions of your boot. The most popular folding models, and the easiest to fit into cars, are the JET-E (20”), the JET-E2 (20”) and the JMT9.
Dimensions of our folding tricycles
|JET-E range||JMT folding range|
|Length when folded||101cm||185cm|
|Width of back wheels||75cm||79cm|
|Height (from floor to highest point)||113cm||129cm|
Have you been able to take your folding tricycle on an adventure with you? We'd love to see all the amazing places you've explored on your tricycle! Send us your pictures on Instagram or Facebook.